1. What allusion does Trimalchio represent?
It shows wealth and lavish
2. What is the meaning of Gatsby’s statement to Tom, “I’m right across from you”?
Gatsby is telling Tom that he is also wealthy and it's almost like they’re facing off
3. Interpret the metaphor “Her voice is full of money”.
Gatsby says this about Daisy because it shows how well educated she is in her tone.
4. Identify the oxymorons that describe the expressions that pass by Gatsby’s face. Explain their importance.
"at once definitely unfamiliar and vaguely recognizable,” Nick has heard this expression before but it's unfamiliar to him, but recognizable
5. What does Fitzgerald convey to the reader by choosing the word “conspiring” in the description of Tom and Daisy in their kitchen?They are both talking to each other as Tom is holding Daisy’s hand and it seems they are conspiring together